Who We Are
Transformational Acupuncture in Washington DC is excited to announce the opening of Transformational Herbal Pharmacy! This full-service compounding pharmacy carries a large selection of raw Chinese herbs and granules from leading high-quality suppliers. We also offer grinding, cutting, and encapsulation services with decoction services added in the near future. In addition to our diverse selection of over 300 herbs, we carry specialized CBD products, practitioner-specific patent herbal formulas, and dietary supplements — all available for practitioners to purchase and dispense to their patients.
Join our heart-centered, collaborative, and supportive team as a Herbal Technician. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our Chinese herbal compounding pharmacy closely supervised by our Chief Clinical Director. The position is part-time with benefits with the ability to grow into a full-time position as the needs of the pharmacy grow.
Compensation: Based upon training and experience. Starting at $25.00 per hour during the three-month introductory training period. Paid time off, 401k, and CEU coverage for Transformational Acupuncture LLC required courses.
If these features sound appealing and you would like to join our innovative and collaborative team, please complete the application below.
What We Value
Mission, Promise, and Vision
Our mission is to expand and ease access of Chinese herbal medicine to practitioners and their patients by providing not only quality herbs but also exceptional customer service. We promise to bring compassion to our customers and ourselves. We are committed to expanding access to Chinese herbal medicine and continuing to adapt our systems to meet strict HIPAA and hospital standards. Our goal is to help practitioners better serve their patients and transform the lives of those patients.
Sustainability: We value sustainability in all aspects of our herbal pharmacy. We take active steps to ensure that we do not exceed our available resources whether they be financial, energetic, time-based, or any other asset.
Customer Care: We are as committed to your patients’ well-being and health as you are. We treat each and every patient/customer with respect and a high level of customer service.
Privacy: We value the privacy of every practitioner and patient who uses our online pharmacy. We employ strict HIPAA protocols to ensure this privacy is respected both electronically and in the local community.
Commitment to Education: We are committed to lifelong learning. We actively seek to improve our skills thereby improving the quality of our work and commitment to the profession of Chinese medicine.
Essential Job Functions
- Compounding Chinese herbal prescriptions through our online inventory management system
- Adhere to company policies as well as state and federal laws regarding HIPAA and handling of PHI
- Following all safety practices and dispensing protocols
- Assist with the development of instruction manuals for pharmacy protocols
- Inventory management including receiving, counting, and monitoring inventory levels
- Interacting with patients and practitioners by both phone and email regarding pharmacy orders
- Maintaining a neat and clean work environment
- Packaging and processing orders for shipment via UPS and USPS
- Paid Time Off – Up to 2 weeks per calendar year
- Seven paid holidays and two floating holidays per calendar year
- 401k and Profit Sharing plan
The Right Candidate
We owe our success to the fact that we look to hire people whose personality and character make them a good, harmonious fit with our company culture. Here is how we describe that person:
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to multitask as necessary
- Able and willing to learn and implement new processes, procedures, and software
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with fellow staff members. This individual can field a range of personality types—including the occasional difficult one—while maintaining a pleasant demeanor and a focus on positive outcomes.
- Able and willing to adhere to our strict HIPAA and PHI policies
- Confident and positive disposition
- Possess a strong work ethic and take pride in one’s work
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to follow direction
- Comfortable working independently
- Willingness to ask questions
- Comfortable with technology. Familiarity with or ability to learn iPad, iOS, Unified Practice, Dispensary Tree, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Docs.
- Preference for NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) acupuncturists and herbalists, Master’s Degree in Acupuncture or Oriental Medicine from an accredited institution, or training/knowledge of Chinese herbal medicine
Compensation is based on training and experience. The starting hourly rate is $25.00 during the three-month introductory training period. Benefits include paid time off, holidays, 401k, and CEU coverage for Transformational Acupuncture LLC required courses.