Herbal Pharmacy Founder & Head Herbalist
My passion for Chinese medicine knows no bounds. For me, being a practitioner of Chinese Medicine is a lifelong dedication and I have consistently sought to expand my knowledge in a variety of facets from reproductive health, labor and delivery, to expanding my Chinese herbal knowledge. As an acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist, I have had the opportunity to study with leaders in our profession with some of these leaders becoming trusted mentors. I am committed to sharing the knowledge I have learned while honoring the lineage of that knowledge.
Use the quick links below to jump to that section lower on the page.
After operating my own acupuncture clinic for eight years and embarking on reinvigorating a group clinic specializing in Chinese medicine, I’ve been asked why I decided to open a Chinese herbal dispensary for practitioners. In addition to my passion for this medicine, I saw an unmet need within the local acupuncture community for easy, expedited access to high-quality, tested Chinese herbs.
As a clinician in a solo practice who was unable to fill prescriptions for patients within a reasonable amount of time and with ease, I felt my patients and other clinicians deserved better. I also longed to be able to prescribe Chinese herbs and for my patients to be able to either pick up or have their prescriptions shipped within 24 hours. Delays in payment, processing, or shipping meant many of my patients had to wait 7-10 days to receive their prescriptions. Now with the creation of this new Chinese herbal pharmacy, my goal is to get prescriptions into the hands of those who need them as soon as possible.
As more and more patients seek the assistance of Chinese medicine, I believe it is important to reduce the waiting time when filling prescriptions. This means having access to a Chinese herbal pharmacy that can fulfill orders and get them into the hands of patients within 24-48 hours. The future of Chinese herbal medicine is in making them much more accessible to patients as well as practitioners, and this requires Chinese herbal dispensaries in major metropolitan areas that can service our profession’s regional needs.
Practitioners are the foundation of our Chinese herbal pharmacy, and I want our practitioner customers to know that we are providing high-quality herbs and resources to make their prescriptions a success. We are willing to assist practitioners as best as we can when they are prescribing herbs.
My goal is that we support you however we can through the prescription designing, fulfilling, and shipping process. I want your ability to get prescriptions to your patients to be as easy and seamless as possible.
For over 10 years I have dedicated my practice to meeting the patients I treat exactly where they are on their journey to health, and I bring the same dedication to dispensing Chinese herbs and herbal formulas to my colleagues.
The safe practice of Chinese herbal medicine is an essential aspect of protecting the health and wellness of all patients, and I bring this level of safety to the products we stock as well as our dispensing practices. I am committed to ensuring the products we carry come from reputable suppliers, and that their products are the correct species, of good quality, and thoroughly tested for pesticides and any other contaminants.
Professional Background and Training
- Licensed acupuncturist in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware
- Diplomate of Oriental Medicine from the National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), October 2022
- Tuina and Zheng Gu Techniques, Internal Arts International – Tom Bisio, LAc, Manhattan, NY, September 2022
- Published “Effectiveness of Acupuncture in the Induction of Labor: A Literature Review” in the peer-reviewed journal, JASA: The Journal of the American Society of Acupuncturists – JASA, Summer 2020
- Doctorate of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine – ACTCM, San Francisco, CA, May 2020
- Acupuncture for Labor and Delivery, NYU Langone Hospital – Claudia Citkovitz, PhD, LAc, Brooklyn, NY, May 2018
- Master’s of Oriental Medicine, Maryland University of Integrative Health – MUIH (formerly the Tai Sophia Institute), Columbia, MD, December 2014
- Diplomate of Acupuncture from the National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), January 2013
- Master’s of Acupuncture, Maryland University of Integrative Health – MUIH (formerly the Tai Sophia Institute), Columbia, MD, December 2012
Online Professional Profiles
Our Statement on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Transformational Herbal Pharmacy strives to cultivate a business with the purposeful inclusion of all people. We value the diversity of racial and cultural identity and background, nationality, sexual and affectional orientation, gender identity and its expression, religious background and belief, marital status, family structure, age, mental and physical health and ability, political perspective, and educational and class status. If we are unable to accommodate the needs of any customer or patient of yours, we will do our best to connect them with appropriate community resources and referrals.
Ancient Techniques for Modern Times
We hope to share the benefits of Chinese herbal medicine and other forms of natural medicine that have improved the lives of millions throughout the centuries. Please contact us if you’d like to know more about how our services can help support your business and improve the lives of your patients.